Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stetsons & Wranglers part I

For the last 4 years we have gone to Las Vegas for the NFR Rodeo.
I have been to Vegas many time in my life (it is one of my favorite places)
but the atmosphere is a little different this time of year. And not in a bad way
People are more polite and men will tip their cowboy hats to you if you smile their way.
We go down with my step mom's family, and we love them dearly
and are so glad to be a part of their family.
Me, Mat , Riley and Chelsey headed down a day early and went to the aquarium at
Mandalay Bay. Anyone who knows my son knows he loves sharks


He was not to sure about this large Lizard however

A great big shark.....
If you have never been to the aquarium they have a section with a glass tunnel
and glass floor, so the fish swim freely around you. It's pretty cool




Here we are at the touch pond. Riley and I opted not to touch
anything





However Chelsey and Mat touched a stingray and some sort of weird crab




They took this picture as we walked into the aquarium. Mat just
had to buy it. The pose is perfect.


Ahhh the big event. We were there on opening night and this is the 50
year anniversary of the rodeo so they showed some cool
clips from the very first NFR, and years working up to now.

Riley being a good boy and sitting in his seat. This year Mat and I actually
got to watch the entire rodeo from our seats
It was awesome

My two cowboys


Riley waving his hat to the crowd in the parking lot,
just like the cowboys inside had done after their ride
I wish I would have gotten a picture of Miss Rodeo America
practically grabbing him out of Mats arms. He's a little flirt












8 comments:

l.g. mcfifi said...

I love the pictures with the hats

Topham Family said...

That looks like so much fun! :)

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

That sounds fun! I have always wanted to go there. To the rodeo. Oh, and I just read Riley's quotes on the side...Hillarious!

Kelly Robinson said...

Wow...I thought I married the cowboy in the family. I have never seen Mat in a cowboy hat. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Chelsey said...

Ok, so I take it that you guys are coming to st. george then. For christmas or what? I am excited to see ya. It has been forever!!!!!

Amy said...

Yep we are coming to the party this year the day after Christmas. I think Justin is the only one not coming this year.

TJ and Whitnee said...

We are going down tomorrow to the NFR, we are going to go Thursday and Friday night and I can hardly wait! It will be the first time for everyone going with us to go to the NFR!

Natalie said...

Looks like fun. I love the picture of Riley in front of the shark. That's great.