Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blessed

I don't really know why I am writing, I suppose I just needed an outlet for all that has been going on. The past few weeks have been trying to say the least. And yet when I look at all that isn't going my way, (sick kiddo, brother leaving, sick grandparents, roof blowing away...blah blah blah) I force myself to remember how blessed I truly am. I have never viewed myself as a pessimist, but I guess like everyone I have my good and bad days. But I want to leave the negative behind and focus on the positive.

I have a great family. A husband who always supports and loves me even when I drive him nuts. A son who is the light of my life and brings me more happiness than he will ever know. Great parents, in-laws, Grandparents and siblings who are always willing to help out when I need it. The best set of friends ever, who would drop everything, even if it was just to bring me a Pepsi. I can't tell you how nice it is to have all these fantastic people to lean on for support when I need it.

I have a job. And not only that but I have a job I enjoy going to everyday. I am surrounded with great people who probably don't even realize all the ways they inspire me.

And most importantly I have God who I know is always looking out for me. I know He has brought all of you into my life, and that He has and will continue to take care me and for that I am grateful.

What I want to say, is thanks to all of you for making my life a little brighter. Sometimes I feel a sadness pulling at my heart for all the things I can not change but then I will get a text from a friend, or a call from my mom, or an email from someone I haven't talked to in a while and things don't seem to be quite as dark as they did before. You all mean so much to me, and I hope I get wiser with age and quit worrying about all the little things, and find happiness in all the wonderful people and friendships I do have.

Anyways thanks for reading, I feel better already.

3 comments:

l.g. mcfifi said...

love you

Ian and Kristin said...

Oh Amy! I love you!

Chelsey said...

I hear ya! Life is a blessing itself. How is Kalene, do ya know? We haven't heard much lately. Hope she is doing well.