Sunday, September 13, 2009

Where in the world does he come up with stuff?

As of late the 3 year old who is the love of my life says the funniest things. I may be in trouble later for posting some of them

A while ago we were saying our prayers. Riley usually prays for a baby sister, but this particular night he decided to pray for a baby brother. I told him that mama wanted him to have a sister. Without missing a beat he looked at me and said, You get what you get and you don't throw a fit! Talk about throwing my own words right back at me. Mat had to leave the room he was laughing so hard.


We we in Midway last weekend and we have been asking Riley to work on his listening skills (which most days isn't working so good). He was hiding in the kitchen while the adults were playing cards. He used to hide when he needed to go the bathroom so Mat asked him what he was doing, to which he hollered I am working on my thinking skills. Needless to say the rest of us had to take a few moments to calm down from laughing so hard. If only he would work on thinking about using his listening skills

Also while on this trip me, Mat, Teri, Eric and Riley went to Wasatch golf course to hit some balls and putt on the greens a little. On the way home. Riley said I love you mommy, And then he said I love you daddy. We asked him what about Grandma Teri? He told her I love you grandma. Then we said well what about Eric? And he said Well he's just naughty sometimes.

A few days ago Riley was hiding behind the kitchen table at home and Mat asked him what he was dong back there. He said I am not pooping, just thinking, so don't freak out!

He has started preschool and he has been kind of secretive about what he does there. They have a mystery bag they bring home and then bring something from around the house that begins with the letter of the week they are working on. We were asking Riley what some of the other kids brought. He told us a few and then he told us that the PRETTY girl in his class brought animals. We are still not sure who the pretty girl is but if he is already having his first crush we are in real trouble.

My mom and Tim got a fountain in their front yard at their new house. She called to tell me about it and then asked to talk to talk to Riley. She told him about the fountain and as soon as he heard the news he told her he would be right over to check it out.

Mat and Riley were playing with his animals and he threw an animal that went flying across the room and almost knocked over one of my breakable candle holders. He quickly told us, that was just an accident, I didn't do it on purpose, so its OK mom.

We were driving home after work one night and this guy cut me off hard core. I am talking I slammed on the breaks my purse went flying off the front seat and onto the floor. With out thinking I called the guy a dumb ass. Riley then proceeded to lecture me for about 5 minutes about why I shouldn't call someone a dumb ass. He told me I should call him a ding dong instead, so I don't get in trouble and get my mouth slapped.

We were cleaning up after dinner the other night and Riley came upstairs and said I just got some bad news mom I have a skid mark in my underwear.

Riley hates the smell of morning breath. Sometimes he wakes up before Mat and he will go down and wake him up. He usually tells Mat he smells terrible and then proceeds to start dry heaving until Mat gets in the shower. Unfortunately he has told me the same thing. I wonder if he knows his breath stinks just as bad when he wakes up.

He asked Mat if he could body slam him this morning. Mat asked him to please not do that because his back hurts so Riley said How about if I just kick your butt instead,

I am sure there are many more funny things he did but you get the ides. He is so quick witted. Most of the time he doesn't even miss a beat. And he usually gets the last word. He s an awesome kid with a bight future in front of him and to his future teachers get ready because you may have a little Johnny on your hands.

Riley we think you are fabulous, and we love how much you make us laugh.

6 comments:

TJ and Whitnee said...

Haha those are some really funny comments, my favorite is the skid marks! hahaha

Ian and Kristin said...

Don't kids say the funniest things? I laughed out loud at the "don't throw a fit" comment.

Natalie said...

Funny kid. I love reading the stuff kids say.

konnie said...

Oh Amy, he is a riot!!! And so cute. I just laughed and laughed and could honestly picture him saying those things.

l.g. mcfifi said...

Your new name is ding dong

Bastian Family said...

You have a funny little boy!