Monday, June 9, 2008

Bye Bye Twenties.....Hello Thirties

So I reached the big 3-0 on Saturday. So far I am not freaking out. I figure like wine I am just getting better with age.

I had a really fun Birthday. I went with my two awesome sister-in-laws, Cordi and Allison, to the Rio women in the Outdoors, weekend getaway, up Spanish Fork Canyon that is hosted by the National Turkey Federation. Good times were had by all!!! I got to enjoy a horseback ride in the rain and an interesting dutch oven cooking class. Not to mention that they cooked all our meals. It was really cold on Saturday so Allison and I skipped our last two classes and had Nap Class and Sit in the Sun Class, which we hosted ourselves. Cordi and Allison made the day fun by giving my a crown with flashing lights. I think the other women were a little concerned about what a princess was doing in the outdoors, but anyone who knows me would think nothing of it.

I was glad to get home on Sunday. I had missed my two guys terribly. Mat gave me an awesome purse for my Birthday




And Riley colored me a really cute card. He even told me all about it before I opened it. I am really excited for the Jimmy Buffett party we are having in a few weeks with my friends to celebrate the big day. I think its going to turn into a party month....but hey there are no complaints from the Birthday Girl!!!

10 comments:

l.g. mcfifi said...

cute purse- leave it to Mat! I am glad your now part of the "elite" 30 club it's not so bad once you get used to it.

Natalie said...

Sounds like you had fun. I didn't think you were a camping girl ha ha ha. Way to celebrate turning 30 Cute purse too!

Amy said...

I'm not much of a camper, but I give it a good try at least once a year Ü

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

Woo Hoo! Happy Birthday!

Chelsey said...

Happy 30th!

Kalene said...

Sounds like you had a great 30th birthday!!! Cute purse! I'm sure the card from Riley was darling. Happy belated birthday...It only gets better!!!

Lynsee said...

Happy Birthday Amy!

Justin said...

Happy b-day!!! I think the moment I turned 30, the remaining hairs I had on my head went gray and I gained 13 pounds.

Can't wait for 40!

Mitch and Linda... said...

happy late birthday and that purse is adorable! mat did a good job if he picked it out! Can't wait to hear how the Jimmy Buffet party goes!

Topham Family said...

Happy happy birthday Amy!! Sounds like you had a blast!