Well we finally had to say goodbye to "The Precious" which in our house translates to the ever loving Binky. Now we didn't have to travel to the depths of Mordor to get rid of it, but it was in reality just about that traumatic. Mat convinced Riley that if he would throw away his Binky that he would purchase him a new truck that he wanted form the movie Cars. So Mat and Riley went to the store and bought the truck, came home and gathered the last two Binky's in the house and made Riley throw them away. As you can see in the picture he still is not sure about throwing "The Precious" into the garbage can.
After said Binky made it into said garbage can we quickly took the bag out to the big garbage can outside so the garbage man could pick them up post haste. Now all was well until bedtime (which is the only time Riley has had his Binky since he turned one.) Riley was all but crushed by the thoughts of the garbage man taking his Binky's away in the big brown truck never to be seen again. We tried to console him, but how do you console the inconsolable. We sang Twinkle Ry over 20 times I think, and finally just let him cry himself to sleep, which took about 2 minutes.(I think the dose of Motrin might have helped with that)
Well I am happy to report that "The Precious" was destroyed last Monday and after having only one meltdown on that initial night Riley has adjusted quite well to life without the Binky. What a big boy he is turning into.
3 days ago





7 comments:
How hard this can be. Just another stepping stone. I like the new fam picture!
What a cute story! It'll be perfect to embarrass him with in front of his girlfriend in another 15 years :)
That's great he did so well. I've been wanting to throw Karson's away to. He has it in the car and when he goes to bed. I hope we have it as easily as you did.
To get rid of Kaden's we had him give it to buddy our dog. He didn't want it after the dog slobber. Plus after one bite Buddy had broken it in two and spit it out.
Oh that is kind of sad, but really funny! I'm impressed you were able to get him to throw it in the garbage by himself!
Congratulations; it's a hard thing to do but I'm glad you made it through.
Wow... I don't know many parents who can actually get them to throw it away by themselves! Congrats! He's growing up! :)
Post a Comment